Monday, February 7, 2011

if it's not one thing, it's another....

I now know why it was so hard for me to keep a blog in the past.  I simply can't be one of those wonderful artists who can write about their creative process every single day.  "Life" always seems to creep in there for me.  It's not that I don't get anything done, either.  I do, but because I have so many projects going simultaneously, and because I work on them in 10 minute increments in between other things, it seems as though everything in my world just takes a very long time.

I did get a few things done over the last few days:  Here's a needle felted sewing kit (the applique is RIT-dyed batting).
I finished this image of the madonna and child.  It was fun to do -- I printed a photo I took of a medieval painting (from the Loreto Museum in Prague) onto a piece of interfacing, and used the printed image to guide the sewing machine needle as I free-style machine embroidered it.

Finally, I have been trying to finish the quilt I am hand quilting.  This has been a long project... some three years so far, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Here's the second-to-last block:
I have to say, I do love my own creative process, even if it does take a long time.... Or maybe it's because it takes a long time?

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love seeing the free motion machine embroidery. I used to do a lot of that so I know how much goes into it.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You are a noreply comment blogger because you haven't enabled your email address. If you would like responses when you leave comments, go to Edit Profile, put a check mark in front of Show my email Address and then scroll down and SAVE. I wasn't sure about it when I first started blogging but after 2 and 1/2 years there hasn't been any abuse of my email or any other problem.

Melly Testa said...

I love religious icons, you've done really well playing around with them in your own style. Nice work.